- 11 INR
- 85x54 mm
- 1000 Pieces
MIFARE DES FIRE CARD
- MIFARE is the NXP Semiconductors-owned trademark of aseries of chips widely used in contact less smart cards and proximity cards.
- MIFARE products are embodied in contact less and contact smart cards, smart paper tickets, wearables and phones.
- The MIFARE brand name (derived from the term MIKRON FARE Collection and created by the company MIKRON) covers four families of contactless cards:
- MIFARE Classic
- Employs a proprietary protocol compliant to parts 1 3 of ISO/IEC14443 Type A, with an NXP proprietary security protocol for authentication and ciphering. Subtype: MIFARE Classic EV1 (other subtypes are no longer in use).
- MIFARE Plus
- Drop-in replacement for MIFARE Classic with certified security level (AES-128 based) and is fully backwards compatible with MIFARE Classic. Subtypes MIFARE Plus S, MIFARE Plus X and MIFARE Plus SE
- MIFARE Ultralight
- Low-cost ICs that are useful for high volume applications such as public transport, loyalty cards and event ticketing. Subtypes:MIFARE Ultralight C, MIFARE Ultralight EV1 and MIFARE Ultralight Nano.
- MIFARE DES Fire
- Contact less ICs that comply to parts 3 and 4 of ISO/IEC 14443-4 TypeA with a mask-ROM operating system from NXP. The DES inthe name refers to the use of a DES, two-key 3DES, three-key 3DESand AES encryption; while Fire is an acronym for Fast,innovative, reliable, and enhanced. Subtypes: MIFARE DES Fire EV1,MIFARE DES Fire EV2.
- There is also the MIFARE SAM AV2 contact smart card. This can beused to handle the encryption in communicating with the contact less cards. The SAM (Secure Access Module) provides the secure storage of cryptographic keys and cryptographic functions.
MIFAREDES Fire family
The MIFARE DES Fire (MF3ICD40) was introduced in 2002 and is based on a core similar to Smart MX,with more hardware and software security features than MIFARE Classic. It comes pre-programmed with the general purpose MIFAREDES Fire operating system which offers a simple directory structure and files. They are sold in four variants: One with Triple-DES only and 4 kiB of storage, and three with AES (2, 4, or 8 kiB; see MIFAREDES Fire EV1). The AES variants have additional security features;e.g., CMAC. MIFARE DES Fire uses a protocol compliant with ISO/IEC 14443-4. The contact less IC is based on an 8051processor with 3DES/AES cryptographic accelerator, making very fast transactions possible.
The maximal read/write distance between card and reader is 10centimetres (3.9 in), but actual distance depends on the field power generated by the reader and its antenna size.
In 2010, NXP announced the discontinuation of the MIFARE DES Fire (MF3ICD40) after it had introduced its successor MIFARE DESFire EV1 (MF3ICD41) in late2008. In October 2011 researchers of Ruhr University Bochum  announced that they had broken the security of MIFAREDES Fire (MF3ICD40), which was acknowledged by NXP (see MIFAREDES Fire attacks).
New evolution of MIFARE DES Fire contact less IC, broadly backwards compatible. Available with 2 kiB,4 kiB, and 8 kiB non-volatile memory. Other features include:
Support for random ID.
Support for 128-bit AES
Hardware and operating system are Common Criteria certified at level EAL 4+
MIFARE DES Fire EV1 was publicly announced in November2006.
Advanced public transportation
The latest evolution of the MIFAREDES Fire contact less IC family, broadly backwards compatible. New features include:
MI smart App enabling to offer or sell memory space for additional applications of 3rd parties without the need to share secret keys
Transaction MAC to authenticate transactions by 3rd parties
Virtual Card Architecture for privacy protection
Proximity check against relay attacks
MIFARE DES Fire EV2 was publicly announced in March 2016 at the IT-TRANS event in Karlsruhe, Germany.
- 5000 Per Day
- 2 Days
- Within a certain price range free samples are available
- Africa, Middle East, Australia, Asia
- All India
No. 38/5-11, 1st Main Road, Adinath Towers, Industrial Suburb, Yeshwanthpur, Bengaluru, Karnataka, 560022, India